Model: H.C.A.R. Semi Auto Rifle
Adjustable Gas Operated Closed Bolt Semi Automatic Rifle
Caliber: .30-06 Springfield
Capacity: (2) 30 Round Magazines
Barrel: 16" CMV Barrel (Nitride Finish), Threaded 5/8x24
Twist Rate: 1:10"
Stock: Magpul CTR, Free Float Handguard, Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon
3,6,9 Position Accessory Rails
Mil-STD 1913 Picatinny Rail
Overall Length: 38.25"
Weight: 11.75 lbs
The Ohio Ordnance Works Heavy Counter Assault Rifle, or HCAR as it is known, is an updated version of an old friend. Built and designed around the original Browning BAR rifle this semi auto variant reduces the weight of the BAR by almost 42%. Additionally the HCAR features updated components like a .30 round detachable box magazine, reduced weight bolt, ambidextrous bolt release and hydraulic buffer system. Dating back to the 90's OOW has been producing some of the finest examples of modern productions BAR rifles and the HCAR is the latest culmination of that expertise.
- Max Effective Range 1200meters
- Reduced Weight Bolt
- Hydraulic Buffer System for Reduced Recoil and Faster Follow Up Shots
- Quick Release Take Down Pins
- Fold Down Charging Handle
- Accepts and MIL-Spec AR-15 style Buttstock
- Pistol Grip is Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon
- Short Crisp 6lb Trigger
- Ambidextrous Bolt Release